Godbout Law’s commercial litigation practice is committed to litigating disputes aggressively while keeping in mind that there are times when compromise is in the best interests of our clients. Lawsuits can entail burdensome expenditures, not only in terms of legal fees but also by diverting clients’ valuable time and energy. We therefore counsel and assist each of our clients in carefully weighing overall business interests and objectives against the specific issues involved in any judicial proceeding.
Our Firm’s litigators represent clients before state and Federal courts in Massachusetts and before various state and regulatory agencies, in disputes including:
- Claims relating to the sale, purchase, and operation of businesses, including breach of contract, fraud, misrepresentation, breach of warranties and covenants, unfair compensation and restrictive covenants;
- Representation of owners, general contractors, subcontractors and others in construction industry litigation and arbitration;
- Proceedings before state regulatory and administrative agencies;
- Insurance coverage disputes;
- Employment agreements and covenants not to compete; and,
- Consumer Protection Actions under M.G.L. c. 93A